Water and lots of it!
The key is to keep you body HYDRATED! Put the sugary juices and sodas down and start drinking water. There is no nutritional value in most juices and definitely non in soda. Here is a shocking realization, in one 20 ounce bottle of soda there is the equivalent of 16 packets of sugar! Would you eat 16 packets of sugar? Probably not so why would you drink it? People are big on counting calories these days but they tend to only count the food calories that they consume and forget about the calories in all of the drinks they consume on a daily basis.
- You should be drinking 1/2 of your body weight in ounces on a daily basis. It sounds like a lot but you body is constantly releasing fluids from your system in various ways and you need to replenish to keep your system functioning properly.
- Try and drink a glass of water before each meal, you will notice that it will make you feel fuller in turn you will consume fewer calories.
- Water will help you energize your muscles. If you have cramping after a workout you are not drinking enough water.
- Water is a good flush for your system. You will notice people that drink plenty of water have clearer skin. Dehydration will cause dry and wrinkled skin. Water helps flush toxins out of your system and keeps those kidneys clean.
- When choosing what water to drink the best kind is filtered water. There are so many additives put into water these days that even some water isn't good for you. Brita filters are a easy and cheap way to get filtered water, they do not take everything out of the water but it will also help with all of the waste from plastic bottles.